A LIVING HISTORY BLOG.

18TH CENTURY LIVING HISTORY IN AUSTRALIA.

Thursday 26 May 2011

Back on line!!

I have changed my email provider from Gmail to Yahoo so I am back on line again. Sorry about the distruption. I guess I will still have to look at getting a new blog provider however, as I can still only work from my dashboard!
First thing I found today was this promotion!
 
Making 18th Century “Spunks”


Posted on May 24, 2011 by Rob Taylor


Spunks were sulphur matches popular in days gone by. They allowed a person living under “primitive” conditions to more easily create, transport and utilize fire. The process is fairly simple and needs nothing more than some slivers of wood and some sulphur, which you can buy in bulk on Amazon.

The video feature Le Loup of A Woodsrunner’s Diary. If you aren’t reading his blog you’re cheating yourself.

My thanks to Rob Taylor for this: http://www.red-alerts.com/survival-skills/making-18th-century-spunks/




No comments: