A LIVING HISTORY BLOG.

18TH CENTURY LIVING HISTORY IN AUSTRALIA.

Friday 16 December 2011

A Waiting Gift.

The letter began:
Dear Keith,
                     Just a few lines to wish you a speedy recovery and to forward a small token of our friendship.
I have not seen Grey Wolf for many years now, but he is a close personal & family friend. He knows me so well. This letter was wrapped inside a long parcel. On opening the parcel ths is what I found.

The hand forged poker Grey Wolf had made was swathed in greasy fleece which was bound with spun fleece. All was wrapped in leather.




The gift included these four reels of silk thread! As if getting out of hospital & being back in my beloved forest was not enough. This really made my day.
Thank you Grey Wolf, you really are something else.
Regards, Le Loup.

1 comment:

Gorges Smythe said...

Now THAT is a friend! May the Lord bless the both of you.