A LIVING HISTORY BLOG.

18TH CENTURY LIVING HISTORY IN AUSTRALIA.

Tuesday 20 March 2012

The Box Seated Chair.

I do not make this post with the intention of demonstrating my furniture making skills, far from it, I am sure my skills in this field are none existant! However, this was an interesting and very enjoyable project for me, because I like making practicle things with my hands, and I have enjoyed using it ever since.
Many years ago I saw what I think was called a box chair, or a box seated chair. Then some years later again I came in posession of an antique table chair that was very unstable, and I decided to convert it into a box chair. I use this chair in my study for storing all my tools that I use for sewing and leatherwork.




4 comments:

Phillip said...

Seems like a useful item of furniture. Especially if your space is limited.

Gorges Smythe said...

I've seen similar chairs that had a thunder-mug inside!

Keith said...

Oh it is Phillip, I love it. My study is only small, well small bedroom size, but what with a book case & other furiture plus a large dest, it is lacking in room to swing a cat! So this chair serves two funtions & it is great.
Keith.

Keith said...

Gorges, my parents had one stored at the top of the house in England, I remember it well. It was never used in my lifetime in the house though.
Keith.